Monday, June 29
I'm learning that:
- making a choice to change your dream for the future is really scary, but it brings peace, too.
- raspberry plants can't stand up to digging dogs.
- nobody thirty or older is managing our long winters with any sort of good humor.
- everybody gets the schedule wrong sometimes. Some of us do so more than others.
- prayer is a simple and complex intimacy. Belief, likewise.
- the ice cream truck always comes at bed time.
- relationships are hard. They don't have to be, but they are anyway.
- mercy looks like weakness to an angry world.
- teenagers are laugh-out-loud funny most of the time.
- we need each other like we need oxygen, water, bread...M&M's
- spiders are frighteningly adaptable...and teensy enough to get in anywhere, anytime.
- many well-laid fire pit plans are undone by bossy prairie winds.